The Windermere Valley Museum and Archives is managed by a dedicated group of volunteers belonging to the long-standing Windermere District Historical Society (WDHS).
We invite you to share our excitement about the history of the beautiful Windermere Valley.
- The Windermere District Historical Society holds two meetings a month (except in summer when we are busy with museum activities). Join us!!
- The monthly general meeting is held the third Thursday of every month and features guest speakers, show and tell or field trips along with refreshments.
- The acquisitions group meets every Tuesday evening except summer months.
- The museum employs a part-time curator and summer students who help the volunteers to run the museum.
- The historical society publishes quarterly newsletters full of interesting stories and information.
- Historical Society Special Annual Exhibit – each year we have a different theme for our special exhibit. These displays have highlighted different aspects of local history including communities, institutions, commercial and industrial enterprises.
Things are always changing at the museum – come back often to check out the latest!
Forms are available in the museum or print and use this form to become a member or renew membership in the Windermere District Historical Society. There is a wide variety of activities and opportunities for participation or just show your support for history.